Through our unique programming, participants:
- experience the wonders of nature firsthand.
- build confidence and independence in a supportive, communal environment.
- explore and develop new skills and interests.
- form close bonds with staff and fellow program mates.
- develop a love of learning and deep connection with the outdoors.
Our recent survey of summer participants demonstrates positive personal development outcomes:
To view the complete results, including participant feedback, please download the complete report.
Some of our awards include:
2012 – Harold Breene Youth Education Award – presented by the American Camp Association NY/NJ
2006 – Excellence in Summer Learning Award - presented by the prestigious Center for Summer Learning of Johns Hopkins University. The Center is committed to expanding summer learning opportunities for children and youth as a strategy for closing the achievement gap. Each year, the Center recognizes and awards outstanding summer programs that demonstrate excellence in accelerating academic achievement and promote positive development for young people.
2004 – National Gardening Association – Youth Grant Winner
1999 – MONY – Finalist Mentoring Program
1987 – Eleanor P. Eells Award for Program Excellence – Trail Blazers Leadership Program
1976 – Eleanor P. Eells Award for Program Excellence – Trail Blazer Camps